Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nutella banana bread

so not a food blogger
This afternoon I completely blew up the kitchen in the name of satisfying a craving for banana bread.
Here is my recipe for kickass banana bread:
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 eggs
3/4 C Greek yogurt (I use vanilla)
1 generous T Nutella
3/4 C pecans (roughly chopped...you could certainly use walnuts or omit the nuts altogether)
Beat the eggs in a large bowl, incorporate the rest of your wet ingredients, blend well.
Add dry ingredients, stir.
Pour batter into loaf pan (greased or lined with parchment).
Bake at 350 for about an hour.
Let cool briefly in loaf pan, then transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy it warm, preferably spread with Nutella and accompanied by a cup of hot tea.
This recipe has been loosely adapted from my trusted old-school Fannie Farmer cookbook...the original calls for 3 bananas (but I only had two) and considerably more sugar. I subbed in the Nutella and yogurt because Nutella makes everything better.

It was kind of a bad day.
This made it better.

No comments: