Friday, April 19, 2013

from the kitchen: awesome sh*t I made this week

pistachio pesto scallops

Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Bread (no sugar and amazing for breakfast)

matzoh spinach pie (Spani-faux-kita)



*Not pictured: Kraft mac-n-cheese accompanying Gorton's fish sticks and five baby carrots (yes, sometimes I do make a separate meal for Max. I am eating my words- "this is not a restaurant"- I am that mom...sometimes)

I love spending time in my (poorly laid out and extremely disorganized) kitchen creating awesome sh*t for my family to eat.

Sometimes, I kick everyone out and listen to my favorite songs while I tear up every conceivable surface/utensil/mixing bowl in the name of the Perfect Cookie.
Sometimes, Max is beside me on his step stool, sleeves rolled up, grating pecorino or rolling out dough (and he is in charge of the Playlist).
Sometimes, Maeve and I are having a "conversation" as she happily drools and coos in her swing while the tea kettle whistles and blueberry bread is rising in the oven.
Admittedly, our kitchen is pretty goofy (I have to go downstairs to switch the breaker off whenever I use the oven), but good stuff happens there almost every day. 

.
*Max would have Gorton's fishsticks and Kraft mac-n-cheese every night if he had his way (he doesn't). Although he is reluctant to try lick (gross) anything new, I am encouraging him to spend more time prepping and planning what we eat. We are spending time together and that's a win.

2 comments:

The Bikinator said...

Oh my gosh, you are quite a cook! I'm getting hungry.

Kim said...

Now that I am home full-time, I get to do this more often...come on over, I am really good at pre-race fuel ;)