Sunday, June 9, 2013

(amateur) runner (part II)


So, my husband took me to the running store he used to manage and I walked out with some new shoes.
Later that afternoon, my dad stopped by with a gift certificate to the same store for some new running gear ("I read your blog," he said).
Awwww.
Later that evening I shared a pint of Ben & Jerry's with my husband while watching the very creepy, very thought-provoking Steven Soderburgh film "Side Effects," but, whatever...weekends are for ice cream.
Anyway.
When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel like riding.
I went for a run instead.
Turns out I am lot slower than I thought I was (I borrowed Bill's Garmin because I was feeling especially masochistic and thought I'd punish myself with some hard data).
I don't care.
I love the way it makes me feel.
I think I should stick with this for a while and see what happens.


oh, the Ben & Jerry's flavor? What a Cluster (peanut butter swirl, peanuts, toffee pieces in vanilla ice cream). Although we are a peanut-free house because of Max's allergy, we make an exception for ice cream once in a great while when he is at his dad's.
 

No comments: