- weighs 18 lbs (my back pays dearly when I use the Baby Bjorn and I've been leaving the infant seat in the car, rather than toting her in it)
- loves her brother, bath time, sweet potatoes, peas, bananas, Cheerios, grabbing/grasping her toys, "singing", standing up (with support), swinging, sitting on the front porch, riding in the car (especially when her brother is there to keep her company), fountains
- dislikes most things any baby dislikes (a dirty diaper, a soggy shirt from drooling, those first few moments when we put her down for a nap, fireworks)
- eats very well...now that she is able to sit up more confidently in the high chair, I've started introducing little chunks/bites along with the purees I've been making.
- clearly scans the room for me and/or Bill if someone else is holding her and has also shown a little bit of stranger anxiety in just the last few days
- lights up when my mom or dad stop by, especially in the morning when her mood is super-cheerful
- chats (okay, babbles) the most in the morning and then a little bit throughout the day...babbling sounds sing-song-y when we are in the car or when she starts to get tired
- wears mostly 6-9mos clothing and I am already guilty of forcing my shoe habit on her...the (needless) collection is growing and she doesn't mind shoes or sandals one bit (and, yes, she gets plenty of barefoot time)
- not into rolling over, but I'm not concerned because we've seen her flip both ways (prefers back to front). She can sit well on her own for a few seconds right now, doesn't mind being on her belly, and loves to squirm/scoot around on her blanket.
- no teeth yet...gums appear white/puffy, but no signs otherwise and I definitely can't feel anything (Max had several teeth by now)...still, she loves cold teething toys!
- sleeps well (thank god thank god thank god thank god)
As for me?
Although I have some notable moments of extreme extreme anxiety about how harmful/dangerous/scary this world is with horrible scenarios lurking around every corner, I am trying my best to stay calm and enjoy these fleeting days with my baby girl.
I mean, six months...zoooooom...right??