Thursday, October 3, 2013

foggy

I'm having a hard time writing...
Every day, I feel better and better, but still not quite like myself.
If I get up or move around too quickly, I get very dizzy.
Tilt-a-Whirl dizzy, which is pretty disconcerting.
I'm kind of  moody and impatient, but apparently that's normal and part of this.
My doctor kindly reminded me that aseptic meningitis, though not as serious as bacterial meningitis, is "no joke" and that the "fluid surrounding your brain was infected"...
So, the fogginess, the (extra) moodiness is normal and expected and I'll be fine.
Bill filled in many of the blanks I was trying to piece together about the week I was in the hospital and the following week at home...I have such a fuzzy, vague recollection of the whole chain of events and barely remember what even happened.

I still need to "take it easy" and for once, I'm not struggling with that notion at all.

I won't be on my bike this weekend, but I will be moving around outside...hopefully walking in the woods.
This weather is unreal.
Crunchy leaves underfoot, yet feels like late June.


Quick baby notes:
  • crawling like a boss
  • pulling up on people and sturdy objects
  • climbing over and onto her brother
  • waving hello/bye-bye
  • reaching for us
  • standing in crib (sh******t)
  • babbling/"chatting" like crazy these days
  • "sings" along to ABCs, twinkle twinkle, Scooby Doo
  • in the 90th percentile for height...she looks like a toddler and wears 12-18mos clothing (she's only 9 months)

No comments: