Thursday, October 10, 2013

not so tapped out after all

Last night I ran angry...like, enraged angry.
I'm not used to feeling those kinds of emotions so strongly and when I suddenly found myself privy to some really unsettling bullshit, I didn't know how to handle it.
So I ran.
It had been nearly four weeks since I broke a sweat doing anything physically taxing, so I expected my legs to feel like crap and my lungs to fare only slightly better.
I was wrong.
As soon as I hit the pavement, I felt stronger than ever.
Adrenaline is amazing fuel.
After thirty minutes of running, I felt clear.
Not calm, not better...clear.
There was a little more space to breathe, a little more room for contemplation.

I am so thankful that I have this outlet.
It seems like such a small, basic idea...but, I am just so thankful that this is how I handle shit.
I get outside and move.
It always helps.


(everything here is fine...I'm fine, my children are fine, my husband is fine...we are okay...phew)




1 comment:

Jill said...

I think you can add running to the Happy List. Exercise is such an awesome outlet, isn't it? Happy weekend to you and yours!