Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mom...

Dear Mom,
Today you should be turning 61, but you are no longer with us (here, in the flesh, at least).
I feel your presence and see you in my dreams (and I'm sorry I was short with you in that dream last night)...
I wake up some mornings anticipating seeing you, as if we have plans.
I reach for the phone and catch myself...you won't answer it, you're not here/there.
Duh.
Luckily, I heard you laugh and speak and sing for 39 years.
Long enough to remember, long enough to have those sounds ingrained within me.
Yet...not long enough.
I miss you, mom.
I wish things had turned out differently & I wish we were celebrating another birthday with you.
But.
Here we are. 
We'll share a Delirium in your honor and we will keep remembering. xo
With love,
Kim


No comments: