Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mad at myself

This morning, I had every intention of riding my bike to my therapy appointment.
New tires on my cross bike.
Fresh Stans (thanks, Bill).
Gear laid out, at the ready, the night before.
As for the weather today? Perfect.
What is my deal??
Instead of riding, I headed out (in my car), stopped for coffee and found myself sitting on a park bench with a half hour to kill.
It's not even like I don't get quiet time to myself like that...
Daily, I have a decent chunk of time while my little one naps to do nothing, if that's what I need.
Lately, I feel paralyzed...stuck, whenever I have the opportunity to ride/run/enjoy the glorious weather we've been having.
No doubt, I'll be kicking myself come the freezing, gray days of winter...
Kicking myself for wasting this time.

I seriously need to get over this because moving/going hard (or even going easy...but, at least going in some capacity) is probably exactly what I need to rid myself of this feeling.

I think I'm still relatively fit.
If anything, I've lost weight this past month in spite of my sloth-like behavior.
So, yeah...
I'm mad at myself for this.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I understand this to an extent. I went through some of this when we lot my FIL. Totally different -- definitely. But I understand the being mad at self. Be gentle with you. Wishing you lots of love and peace and comfort.