Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Epic (an adjective I try not to abuse; in this instance, totally appropriate)

Sunday night, my dad & I saw Stevie Wonder perform Songs in the Key of Life live in its entirety...followed by an encore including a medley of his other gems, ending with an 8 minute version of "Superstition."
I counted 21 musicians/singers onstage at one point (and Stevie Wonder graciously gave each member props by name, including his daughter/backup singer, Aisha).
Somehow, in spite of the vastness of the venue and huge crowd, it felt like an intimate perfomance.
Mind. Blown.
I can't do the experience justice with my words, so I'll just wrap it up:
I feel so lucky to have been in the presence of greatness, one of my idols from as far back as I can remember. Every song was a gift and each gift revealed something better and better.
Being at that concert was like being a kid on the the very best Christmas Day EVER; surprises and goose bumps and wishes fulfilled.
Seriously, life-changing, no exaggeration.
3 days later and I'm still buzzed.






No comments: