Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Peace out, 2014...

Do I really need to emphasize what a tricky year it's been?
Nah.
After everything we've been through in the past twelve months, I'm certain we are stronger and can handle whatever is thrown at us.
Thank god for my amazing parents, husband, friends, and family.
Thank god for my brother, who could have given up and chosen a much less positive path in his current situation.
Thank god the year is winding down and we have our health and we are still here.
2014 was a rough one, perhaps the most difficult yet...but, this year wasn't without its great moments, too.
I've changed.
I'm still the same.
I am strong.
I'm not afraid to admit when I need some help (that's a new one) and I'm good at pushing through.
So, it hasn't been all bad.
I sure wish Mare was still here to clink glasses of Prosecco with later tonight, but I am okay without her (because I do still have her, if not in the flesh).
Resolutions suck, but I do resolve to appreciate and honor the past and as always,
Only move forward.

Happy New Year...wishing you health & happiness in 2015.

No comments: