Sunday, December 6, 2015

Lazy Sunday or...

I can't tell if I'm depressed, destroyed from yesterday, or getting sick.
Perhaps all of the above.
All I know is I've been in bed since 12:30 this afternoon and it's nearly 5.
I slept for three hours (after sleeping late this morning).
When I woke up from my "nap"/hibernation, I ate some Cheezits and drank a bottle of Goya coconut soda.
In bed.
Maybe yesterday was too much?
I woke up at 5am to run nine brisk miles in the freezing cold, barely ate anything after, and hightailed it to work at noon.
Later (still at work), I noticed I was breaking out in hives all over my face & torso.
I hadn't eaten or drank anything different, so I have no idea what caused such a weird and sudden reaction.
For that matter, I didn't eat or drink enough after a nine mile run. 
In any case, I took three little shots of liquid Benedryl and don't remember much after that.
Figures I'd be the fool who ODs on Benedryl. I'm so wild. 
Thankfully, a coworker promptly brought me home and suffice it to say, my hives cleared up and I slept the night away.
Apparently, 25mg is the typical adult dosage & I took roughly 5 times that (I don't know what chart I was reading).

Which brings me back to today.
My daughter is napping and my son isn't expected home for another hour, so I really don't feel the need to leave my bed.

I'm all for a lazy Sunday now and then, but this is a little ridiculous.
Thank god for my husband, the voice of reason who loves me despite my quirks & flaws; I could not have handled today alone.

No comments: